- OHIP covers most consultations unless a person is referred strictly for a cosmetic assessment/treatment or research study.
- OHIP does not pay for removal of a number of lesions including warts on the hands, skin tags, spider veins, telangiectasia, blackheads, benign moles, Botox™ injections for wrinkles, and cortisone injections of acne cysts and scars. A fee will apply for these procedures.
- Most insurance plans provide reimbursement for Botox™ treatment for hyperhidrosis.
- Usually there is is no cost for participation in research treatments. These treatments are not covered by OHIP, but a research grant usually covers the costs.
- Phototherapy – Treatments are not currently on HOLD in our clinic.
- Patch testing is performed in order to help determine if an allergy is causing your dermatitis. Patch testing requires three appointments.