The Guenther Dermatology Research Centre offers a number of Cosmetic Services:
- Removal of benign moles, skin tags, and other lesions. (The method of removal depends on the appearance of the individual lesions.)
- Removal of liver and age spots. (This is usually done with application of liquid nitrogen to allow a more even and natural pigmentation.)
- Removal of milia and blackheads.
- Chemical Peels
- Glycolic acid Peels are superficial “freshening” peels which improve the skin texture, sallowness, mottled pigmentation, fine lines and acne.
- Trichloracetic acid peels are deeper peels which also help reduce mild scarring and wrinkles.
- Botox Cosmetic™ is a naturally occurring protein which is injected into the skin to weaken muscles and soften the overlying wrinkles.
- Botox™ for hyperhidrosis provides prolonged control of excessive sweating of the armpits, palms and feet.
- Soft tissue fillers: are substances injected into the skin to fill in lines, improve scars and plump up lips. A number of different products including hyaluronic acid and Juvéderm® are used.
- Sclerotherapy for Leg Spider Veins: A sclerosing solution is injected into the affected veins to reduce their visibility.
Botox Cosmetic,™ Botox™and Juvéderm® are trademarks owned by Allergan Inc.